Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Success!

Last night was a success, for me anyway! I managed to do Heroic Jin'rokh without needing to be scraped off the floor. I died just like everyone else when it was a wipe and I was thankfully not the cause of any of them. My under-geared self probably didn't even beat the dk tank in healing, but I contributed with my OP Revival and healed my little Monk ass off. I didn't get anything off the boss not even with my coin, he dropped crap loot and a lot of repeats. After that we worked on Heroic HorridonI died once or twice due to standing or running into poop on the ground, but other than that it wasn't too bad. When we had 30 minutes left of raid time we switched to norm and killed him. I used my coin and received the Roots of Rampaging Earth legs, not the greatest for me but it's still a big upgrade from raid finder gear. I was also given the Petrified Eye of the Basilisk ring because at this point anything is an upgrade, but I gave it to Izzy for his priest after raid because the ring has mastery and I know I would replace it first chance I got. On Council of Elders I lagged and died to standing on quicksand so just watch the other Monk healer fistweave the entire fight and do about 80k hps just from eminence, it's crazy! I got my tier gloves and the other two items that would be available to me there have mastery so I decided not to waste a coin. Then we did Tortos, thankfully I managed not to die to swirling turtles and when the fight was over I used my last coin and got Robes of Concussive Shocks Thunderforged!

Over all it was a great night, I went from a 476 ilvl to a 486 in just a few short hours. Today I'm running the rest of ToT LFRs in hopes of more upgrades, who knows maybe Thursday I can actually outheal the tank :P
As it stands according to WoW Heroes I'm ranking 18th of the healers in my guild as far as gear is concerned.


There I am all the way down there lol. Izzy on Rahdiggah has been getting gear consistently for the last 2 weeks, so he's 7th right now and that's because he hasn't had time to work on his priest with his new production manager job, otherwise I know he would be higher. Even with his gear as it stands he's out-healing everyone. Maybe I'll pick his brain one of these days and post about Holy Priest healing, I'm know there's A LOT he can teach. My shaman was getting up there but I stopped taking loot since I knew I was going to be switching to Möya. I'll check back with WoW Heroes next week to see my progression in guild and after that I might be able to start comparing myself to other Monks on our server.

I'm glad the stress and anticipation of last night is over and I'm looking forward to gearing up Möya and improving my Mistweaving skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment