Thursday, August 8, 2013

Another one off the bucket list!

When I first started playing this game back in 2006 I was pretty clueless, as most of us were. I recall seeing a Draenei for the first time, I knew I had to make one, so I immediately went to the store and bought BC. I did the starting zone quests and left Exodar for Stormwind as soon as I could manage! When I finally made it to SW the first thing I saw was a female Draenei on a mystical, blue feathered mount /jawdrop I was in love... I was determined to have one of my very own. Back then Azun could only be summoned by Druids and only if you were on or had done your flying form quest. So I worked my little druid to the bone just for a chance to have the Reins of the Raven Lord even if it wasn't on the character I wanted it for.

I farmed for it everyday with friends who knew of my obsession over it. When the next expansion came out I farmed it on my own, gotta love prowl! But still nothing :( Expansion after expansion and still no mount, I stopped visiting Sethekk Halls as often. It became a weekly ritual and sometimes not even that.

Fast forward to MoP. The last few weeks however I have been running old instances on my Monk for transmog gear, pets, etc. and 
I decided to do the Karazhan attunement on Möya, crazy I know. If you've ever done it you know what a pain in the butt it is, not because of the instances themselves but because of how many different ones it requires you to do. The first of which is Shadow Labs. As I'm heading there I tell a friend... well I'll let you read it for yourself:


I head in there bypassing all trash, only killing what I need to or agro. I get to Azun and being an OP monk I one shot him with Touch of Death. If you notice my chat window doesn't show loot, rep or any of that other stuff. But I got a glimpse of something I've never seen before while I was auto looting, so I switch over to my general screen to see what I got and THERE IT IS:



I immediately click on it! And BAM!!! ACHIEVEMENT! I didn't know it was a Feat of Strength :)



So now I am as giddy as can be. I've been after this mount since I first saw it when I started playing.


Oh and to make things even better, I was on the phone with Izzy when it dropped. That conversation went something like this:

Me: OMFG!!!
Izzy: What? What happened?
Me: I just got the Reins of the Raven Lord.
Izzy: Fuck you! Click...

Priceless!

I. FINALLY. GOT. MY. MOUNT!!!

All other ground mounts have been removed from my bars, I need nothing else! I am content! I'm not a huge mount collector, but this one, just this one, I have been coveting since my very first days of WoW, and now I can finally say I have it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment