Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hunter on a Mission

When I first started playing in 2006 during Burning Crusade I decided to make a hunter. 


This is Corey and her pet Nanook. I collected a few low level rare pets on her and had a great time doing it. But when Wrath came out Izzy and I went horde and so I decided that I would start a new hunter.


This is Kaliapy and her pet Rahdiggah. Yesterday I got on her and played for a little bit and realized that I don't like Orcs. She will never be my main character, so why not go with something who's backside I'll tolerate looking at better. So I made a Blood Elf hunter.


This is Kaliapy #2, but she doesn't need to know that. I leveled her to 19 and headed over to Undercity to farm a few rare pets that reside in Tirisfal Glades.

The first was Nighhowl, a level 9 wolf, however I was so freaking excited about him being there undisturbed that I forgot to take a screenshot. He's located at 42,28 by Agamand Mills, tucked between the mountains down a small slope.

Then I went to check on Palgue, a level 8 dog. He's located at 57,33 at Garrent's Haunt inside a barn sleeping in the last stall on the left hand side as you walk in.


I love this screenshot, it's the exact moment he stopped being a Rare NPC and became my pet and both were captured on screen :)

Next was Fangor, a level 5 bat. He's a level 5 and can be found at 64,81 at Deathknell in the hills behind Rotbrain Encampment. The area is very populated with low level players so you might have to wait a little bit for him to spawn. 

Then it was off to the last rare that I wanted to get in Tirisfal Glades and that was Bonechewer. He's a carrion bird and a level 7. He's located at 32,46 in the Scarlet Palisade area. You'll have to climb to the top of the watch tower and more than likely wait for him to come around.


I waited a little bit and then I finally spotted him overhead.



So I begin taming my bird, but please notice the lowbie doing his quest on the left hand side there. Well...


He decided he wanted to kill my rare and bitch slapped it before I even realized what was going on :(  So there I sat atop the tower for 20 minutes until he respawned again and this time I got him.


All these rares have a transparency to them, so they look pretty cool. There are 3 more rares from Tirisfal Glades that I'll be hunting in the next few days and when I have the guts and time to spirit walk a lot I'll head over to Elwynn Forest for 6 more rares over there. I hit level 20 last night, so it will be a little easier to travel there now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment