Tuesday, August 13, 2013

So much to do, so little time...

When you take a break from WoW and come back closer to the end of an expansion you find yourself in a rush to catch up and there is never enough time to do EVERYTHING you wish to get accomplished. I have 4 kids, a man and a home to take care of as well. None of which can be neglected for a game, and although I do have my weak moments, I can usually tear myself away from the game to get things done, like cleaning :P but in WoW I have a list of things I want to accomplish:

  • I need to get my reputations up and I despise doing dailies, so that in itself hasn't been easy for me. I miss slapping on a tabard and running instances for rep.
  • I need to work on my legendary quest line and due to some bad luck I can't seem to get the drops I need. Mind you, Moya hit 90 about a month ago, it's not that I've been slacking, my priority has been set on gearing her for raid first and foremost.
  • I need to continue on my quest for transmog gear for Moya. I can't seem to get a full set for any of the outfits that I like.
  • I need to level up the rest of my characters, starting with my hunter. I have a project I want to do with her and her rare pet farming for the blog.

  • I need to level up Moya's professions, most of which are at 1. Unlike my shaman, whom I have been playing since 2006, I simply didn't have time to level her secondary professions at the same time as her. It irks me to have fishing and cooking barely off the ground and I believe your main character should have everything maxed out. Unfortunately I just don't have the time for everything on this list and to do that as well. 
  • I've also been getting her ready for 5.4. As one of the main raid healers, her gear needs to be in tip top shape and as high as I can get it.
  • And last but definitely not least, I still need to make money in this game. Mind you I am by no means rich. In fact I'm usually broke. The most gold I've ever had was 40k and for a lot of people that's just pocket change. None the less it's enough for me to maintain my characters and spoil them and Izzy whenever I can. That's not to say that I don't want to make even more gold, so that's something that I'm working on with the help of Nev over at Auction House Addict.
So I ask, how do you deal with the pressure of changing mains? Do you level their profession or do you continue using your old main for that? How do you manage your time and what are your priorities after a hiatus from WoW?

With 5.4 just around the corner I'm feeling overwhelmed and frustrated with my inability to catch up fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment